Green Chile Shrimp Enchiladas
Save to BigOven
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 pound medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika, your preference
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 9-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 16 ounces Queso Mama White Queso with Green Chiles
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to Bake 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 13” x 9” baking dish with cooking spray. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer onions to a medium-sized bowl and set aside. In same skillet, add remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil. You may need a bit more to cover the entire bottom of the skillet, depending on size. Season shrimp with paprika and add to skillet. Cook about 90 seconds per side. Transfer to cutting board and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces if needed. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the onions. Add Monterey Jack cheese. Stir to combine. Place ¼ cup of the shrimp and cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling and tightly roll to close each one, placing seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla.
- Spoon Queso Mama White Queso over enchiladas. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden, about 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let sit at least 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and green onion. NOTE: Freezes very well before baking. Just let thaw in refrigerator before placing in oven to bake.