Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas
Save to BigOven
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package taco seasoning mix or white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 9-8-inch burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 3 cups Queso Mama, any flavor
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa, jalapeños, olives
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the sliced onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the taco seasoning or white chicken chili seasoning mix and garlic. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and black beans and mix until combined. Remove from heat.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Using a 12x17 sheet pan or the closest size you have to this, lay 4 of the tortillas at each of the corners with about half of the tortilla overlapping the sides.
- Place two more tortillas at the top and bottom of the sheet tray, with half of the tortilla overlapping the sides. Place two more tortillas directly in the center of the sheet tray. Your goal is to cover the entire sheet pan.
- Add half of the Queso Mama cheese, then the chicken mixture, then add the remaining Queso Mama on top. Place the last tortilla directly in the middle of the fillings on top.
- Fold all the sides of the overlapping tortillas over the filling and add an extra tortilla on top to cover entire mixture. Brush the remaining olive oil all over the outside of the tortilla.
- Place another sheet tray on top for weight.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take the sheet tray off and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly to allow cheese to thicken a bit. Cut and serve with your favorite toppings.