Keto-Friendly Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Save to BigOven
- 14 ounces tilapia loins or filets, cut into 16 fish-stick sized pieces
- 16 mini low-carb “street taco” sized tortillas
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds to make “bread crumbs”
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Shredded cabbage
- ½ cup Queso Mama, warmed
- Quartered limes
4 mini tacos
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed pork rinds, chili powder, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and cayenne powder and set aside.
- Spread mayo lightly over each piece of tilapia. Then one at a time, coat all sides of each piece of fish with the pork rind mixture and place on a plate. Continue until all the fish is breaded.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes. Then take out the basket and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Gently place the breaded fish into the basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 380°F until nicely browned and crunchy.
- Let cool then place 1 piece of fish into each mini tortilla. Top with shredded cabbage, drizzle with Queso Mama, and squeeze with fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you do not have an air fryer, use a deep skillet to fry fish in hot vegetable oil that is about ½-inch deep in the skillet. Fry until golden brown.